Why Do I Need to Wear a Swim Cap?
Swim caps are required for any student with hair below the ears. We ask students to wear swim caps for several reasons:
- Swim caps keep hair out of the student's face when they're swimming.
- Swim caps protect your hair from the various chemicals we use to treat the water.
- People naturally shed hair all the time. Long hair can get trapped in our filters, thus swim caps help our filters live a long, happy, filtering life.
- Especially at our satellite locations and even in our 90 degree pools at the Swim Studio, the water can feel a little chilly. Swim caps help trap up to 10% of your body heat and keep you warm!
- Last but not least, safety! Although it's extremely unlikely and we take every precaution to avoid it, long hair can get caught in any number of objects within a pool and trap someone underwater. The longer your hair, the more likely it can get caught on something! That being said, you're more likely to get attacked by a shark and struck by lightning at the very same time than you are to get your hair caught in a swim lesson but it's better to be safe than sorry!